Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Sachinandana Swami - Spiritual Nourishment

"Spiritual Nourishment"
H.H. Sachinandana Swami

'Shortly before his disappearance, Bhakti Tirtha Maharaja appeared to me in a dream and gave me an amazing instruction. He told me that there are two dogs in the heart. One is striving for spiritual progress and the other is striving for materialistic sense-gratification. He asked me a poignant question, "Which one will win?" I could not answer. After a long pause, Maharaja replied, "The dog that you feed". In this way if we nourish our spiritual side with association, chanting and reading transcendental literature, we can ensure that the spiritual self rises above the material false ego.'

Paraphrased from a lecture entitled "The Divided Self"
ISKCON Pandava Sena Retreat, Simhachalam, Jandelsbrunn, Germany, August 2005.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home