Saturday, April 08, 2006

Sometimes it pays to call ourselves Hindu

'Strictly speaking we are Gaudiya-Vaishnavas, but sometimes for preaching purposes, it pays to categorise ourselves as part of Hinduism. I am invited by schools across the UK to give presentations on "Hinduism" under the guise of which I go and give Krishna Conscious philosophy, kirtan and prasadam. But I wouldn't have been invited in the first place if I didn't market myself as a Hindu, because the national curriculum for Religious Education is unconcerned with teaching pupils about Vaishnavism, because it is such a small minority faith. Consequently a massive preaching opportunity would have been missed.'

Paraphrased from a Shrimad-Bhagavatam class by a Prabhupada disciple.
February 2006, ISKCON Radha-Krishna Temple, Soho St, London.


KC Nectar:
http://nimesh0775.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home