Sunday, February 04, 2007

Service and Knowledge

Service and knowledge are both needed for spiritual advancement. If one doesn't serve then there is no practical realisation (vigyana) from the knowledge (gyana). For example, if I am not performing some devotional service, I cannot practically experience the theory from the scriptures in my own life, and thus there is no realisation of the knowledge. In the same way, if I don't make any effort to obtain knowledge (by reading Prabhupada's books), then I will go mad while performing service, because any difficulty in the service will disturb me. It is only by reading that the message is reinforced about why and for whom I am doing service. For example, if there is some disturbance, it must be because of my false ego and thus the service is purifying me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home