Friday, June 09, 2006

Bhurijana prabhu - Serve Guru with Fixed Determination

H.G. Bhurijana prabhu

"When Shrila Prabhupada read this commentary by Shrila Vishvanatha Chakravarti Thakura on BG 2:41, he said it further fixed him in his resolve to follow his Guru Maharaj’s Instructions to preach Krishna Consciousness in English.

‘Of all kinds of intelligence, the best is intelligence focused on Bhakti Yoga. In bhakti yoga, one’s intelligence becomes single-pointed, or fixed in determination. One thinking “The instructions of my spiritual master to worship the personality of Godhead by chanting, remembering, serving his feet and so on are my only sadhana, my only sadhya, my only livelihood. I am unable to give up these instructions either in the stage of practice or in the stage of perfection. They alone are my object of desire and my only responsibility. Besides them I can desire no other responsibility, not even in my dreams. It is all the same to me whether I feel happy or unhappy, or whether my material existence is eradicated or not” "

From the in-depth study of the Bhagavad-gita, entitled "Surrender Unto Me".










Bhurijana Dasa first met Shrila Prabhupada at 26 Second Avenue, and was initiated by Shrila Prabhupada in 1968. Profile here: http://www.vihe.org/giri/ourteachers.htm

KC Nectar:

http://nimesh0775.blogspot.com/
Comments, realisations etc are most welcome, please post them at the above blogspot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home